Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Avoid the Flu and Baby It's Cold Outside

Oh, Baby!  Is it ever cold this morning!   Four degrees above zero F.  I think this may be the coldest morning since last winter.  I supposedly live in the Montana "Banana Belt" but every winter seems to be harder for me to endure.  

I guess my current biggest concern is the Flu Season, with Seniors being hit the hardest of all cohort groups.  I bought a fingernail brush yesterday. Washing my hands, especially the fingernail area, is at least one proactive step that I can take to avoid the Flu.  
I did get a Flu shot, as usual, and I don't go anywhere around small children.  I avoid crowds and the Mall.  I think my greatest vulnerability is while eating in a restaurant.  In a restaurant we never know how many sick people have touched the menus.  We don't know if our cooks or server is sick, or has been, or will be.  
People can infect others 24 hours before they themselves show any symptoms, and of course, even after one has endured the Flu, he or she can still infect others.  So restaurants are dangerous sources of viruses and bacteria.  I can't wear sterilized gloves or a face mask in a restaurant, so it is best to avoid them. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...