Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fishing Injury Slows Me Down

How much is a Dave's Grasshopper Fly worth anyway?  Mine was hung up on twigs across the creek so I trekked across the water on a fallen log, tripped on a snag near the shore and landed hard.  On the way down I gashed the side of my leg on a snag and have been pretty lame ever since.

To add insult to the injury, I later broke my fly rod trying to free yet another hook hung up on the other side.

I recall reading that fishing is the sport with the highest fatality rate of any outdoor activity.  Mostly that is because guys drown when their boats capsize or they are washed away while wading in a stream.  I am hurting while I sit here writing this, but am thankful I didn't hit my head or end up in the water.
Wounds to hamstring area just above my knee
I vow to be much more careful in the future.  Now that I am 65 years old I have to come to terms with the fact that I am just not as quick and agile as I used to be.  Bummer.

1 comment:

Mike Golch said...

I'm 5 years younger than you and I have had to resign myself to the same thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...