Thursday, September 13, 2012

Falling Off the Creek Where I Nearly Broke My Neck

Confusing title, I know.  I was walking on a log to cross the creek.  When I jumped to the shore I tripped and fell hard onto a vertical tree branch snag that nearly cut off my leg.  My neck was what I felt like was saved by the denim jeans.  I was trying to retrieve a dry fly (a Dave's Grasshopper) that was hung up on bushes on the other side of the creek.
Fishing Injury, Day 3 Healing

Later in the day, when AGAIN hung up on bushes I pulled up with my fly rod and broke it.  Well, it had to have been brittle and cracked or something, because NO fly rod would break that easily.  At any rate, I should have pulled straight back with the line instead of the rod.

That wasn't the end of our crappy Labor Day holiday.  When we returned home we found that our refrigerator had crapped out too, and all the food was rotten.  Had to buy a new refrigerator, which, when delivered the next day, didn't fit in the space.  So I tried to force it.  I even removed the adjacent counter top.  My wife would have nothing to do with THAT solution, so the new refrigerator goes back and we had to special order one that was only 33 inches wide, instead of 36.  That was my weekend.

3 comments:

Love Always said...

hope you will be fine and okay

Pu Niao said...

o.o I hope your luck will get better. It does sucks to have a crappy day when you felt everything was going to be alright.

Sharkbytes said...

Ouch- Sorry to hear all that, especially the fridge since we have a dying 30 incher.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...