Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Procrastination and Productivity

Each evening I resolve to be more productive tomorrow. But each morning I find myself doing the same things here at the computer, and before I realize it, lunchtime has come and gone.  Another day pretty much wasted.

Blogging doesn't earn much money at all; in fact, barely pays the cost of the websites.  I play Words With Friends to the point that it begins to feel like an obligation, a job.  So I ask myself: With a limited number of days yet to live in a lifetime, why am I choosing to spend a day doing nothing much at all? And then to do the same thing again day after day?

In retirement we seek a feeling of Usefulness and Worthiness, yet sitting here makes me feel Useless and Worthless.  I must do better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...