Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oldest Thing in our house (besides me)

This morning I saw that my wife had left the ironing board standing out where she had hurriedly used it before she left for work.

As I folded it up to put away in the closet I noticed how old and squeaky it was.  I also saw how tattered the cover, how worn the paint, how OLD!   This must be the oldest "tool" in our home.  I don't count antique furniture, of course, but this thing must nearly qualify as an antique.

The good new is: THIS ironing board may OUTLAST US ALL!

2 comments:

papel1 said...

You mean she still irons? If it has too many wrinkles I throw it out! I have a tiny portable ironing board for my sewing projects. Once in awhile I will set my big one up to iron a blouse. It might be an antique yet, yours that is.
Judy
Judys Postcards Plus

Beng Gee said...

Wow, that's a pretty sturdy ironing board! It may be old but still looks great eh!

Have a nice day Mr Doug!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...