Sunday, February 26, 2012

Age also seems to lengthen recovery time

I have been very healthy all of my life.  Suddenly I'm 65 and feel frail.  Mostly I feel this way when I am sick with a cold or the "crud" as I have been for the past four days.  I've never been down with something so simple for so long.

I think it must be related to age.  I used to bounce back from illness the way I used to bounce back from injury: quickly, and with a minimum of fuss and self-pity.

My wife has five days off from work, and it is our anniversary to boot, so we plan on celebrating.  I just hope that my headaches and phlegmy coughing go away.  Otherwise, I won't be very good company.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Happy Anniversary! (and I hope you are feeling much better)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...