Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Age 65 Happy Birthday to me

To me it seems funny that so many of the greeting cards I receive have jokes about age and social security and medicare.   It is important to note that virtually ALL of these cards come from people who are younger than I am.  Now consider my own Mother, who will attain age 85 in four months: her card just praised me for being such a good son, and wished for me that all my "dreams will be realized."  (She doesn't know about my weird dreams.) Twice in her hand-written note she wishes "good health" for me, and now I understand how important that really is toward enjoying our later years.  Yes, I remain in good health. Thank you, Mom, for the good genes. (And Dad too. He is alive and will attain age 90 in just five months.)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday!

Shauni said...

Sorry I missed this Happy Birthday! Hope it was filled with Laughter and Love

Shauni


Tea and Book and Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...